Advanced Manufacturing Forum & Summit
Companies that are or have the capability to be involved in advanced manufacturing.
- Identify domestic and export sales opportunities and needs in Advanced Manufacturing in Australia, and initially in Asia (working with Austrade) utilising supply chain mechanisms already installed.
- Work closely with companies that are or have the capability to be involved in advanced manufacturing and visit these companies and identify areas of required, Companies will be selected on their use of new technology, processes manufacturing and products and potential to be involved.
- Promote the development and adoption of innovation and design as drivers for competitive advantage by identifying needs and the capabilities of the AM industry group to match the requirement.
- Promotion of AM activities to Stakeholder Groups.
- Encourage collaboration across the supply chain to compete for opportunities.
- Identify successes by regional SMEs.
AM forums are held every two months an generally held offsite at organisations performing in the AM sector. 2015 hosts included Hunter TAFE Mechatronics, CSIRO and UoN.
AM Summit is an annual event and is an opportunity for industry, government, University, TAFE and other interested organisations to discuss, plan, involvement and improvement for the future development of Advanced Manufacturing in the Hunter and Central Coast.
2015 Advance Manufacturing Summit – Reconfiguring The Future.
The Program included:
Key Note Speakers and Member case study presentations on:
• Group Presentations – Industries
• New Technologies
• Improved Processes
• Investment / Funding Training / Education
• Defence Dual Use / Electrical/ Electronic
• Medical / Health
• Food Technology
Supporting Organisations: HunterNet, HBC, AIG, Central Coast Business Chamber NSW Trade & Investment, RDA, Dept of Industry, Councils, Austrad, University of Newcastle, Hunter TAFE and Engineers Australia.
HunterNet Project Director: Wayne Diemar