Join us for our final WHS & Training Forum for 2017!
David Farmer from SafeWork NSW will provide an update on:
- WHS Regulation changes
- the introduction of new Penalty Notices
- the latest Get Healthy at Work Program
We will then hear from AON Risk Services about cyber safety, specifically:
- Are you ready for the new Australian data protection regulations?
On 13 February 2017, the Federal Government passed the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Bill 2016, which is set to come into effect on 22 February 2018. Key implications include:
- Compulsory regulatory notification
- Penalties up to $360,000 for individuals and $1.8 million for organisations.
- Minimum threshold for eligibility under the Privacy Act is AUD 3 million annual revenue
2. Cyber Risk. Are you covered?
- Cybercrime is now the number one economic crime in Australia, according to PWC. Globally, cybercrime damage costs are expected to hit $6 trillion annually by 2021, up from $3 trillion just a year ago.
- 43% percent of cyber-attacks target small business
- 64% of companies have experienced web-based attacks
- 62% experienced phishing & social engineering attacks
- 59% of companies experienced malicious code and botnets and 51% experienced denial of service attacks