FEATURED COMPANY: BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE SIMULATIONS (BISIM)
Bohemia Interactive Simulations (BISim) is a global software company at the forefront of simulation training solutions for military and civilian organizations. BISim develops high-fidelity, cost-effective technologies for tactical military training. BIS apply game-based technology to a range of breakthrough, military-specific training and simulation software products. BIS head office is located at Williamtown.
Bohemia Interactive Simulations’ (BISim) main challenge was to broaden the knowledge and understanding of our products in the wider marketplace through conferences, trade shows, networking and other marketing channels. In addition, BISim was keen to ensure that we were aware of and in a position to act on relevant defence opportunities and developments. We also hoped to improve our knowledge of all relevant stakeholders, and be given every possible opportunity to engage with them.
Through the Defence Project Director’s work on the HunterNet Defence Project, we have been greatly assisted in addressing those challenges.
The services provided to BIS through the Hunter Defence Project have included:
- Regularly receives useful information and advice on various defence activities which helps us stay up to date and ready to act on relevant industry developments.
- As well as the ongoing assistance we receive from the HunterNet Defence Forum, through the Defence Project Director assistance from Enterprise Connect’s who undertook a business review and Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) of our business.
- BISim has been included in various multi-partner activities including HunterNet’s Land 400 group to attract development of the lucrative Land 400 vehicle contract to the region.
- Hunter Defence ensures we are kept up to date with the latest information on defence and industry news. They also ensure that we are promoted in relevant industry publications.
- Hunter Defence has ensured that NSW Trade & Investment support, including support from Lt Gen (Rtd) Ken Gillespie (formerly Chief of Army), NSW Govt Defence Adviser, and other govt support, was provided.
- Through HunterNet’s Future Leaders Group we have been able to connect with upcoming leaders from within and outside of the defence industry.
- Our connection with Trade & Investment and Enterprise Connect has been very valuable.
- We have been given numerous opportunities from defence and other organisations for meeting and networking opportunities.
- As part of Hunter Defence’s Land 400 group, we have been given the opportunity to attract development of the Land 400 vehicle contract to the region.
- Provided opportunity to present to industry.
- Hunter Defence provided support at various government and industry presentations, conferences and exhibitions, including the HunterNet conference and Land Forces 2014, as well as at monthly meetings.
- Hunter Defence provided important and useful courses such as preparing tenders, trade show preparation, estimation and pricing.
- HunterNet staff have always provided assistance and information for various activities when needed in a timely manner.
The key outcomes Hunter Defence has provided to BIS include:
- New business connections that otherwise wouldn’t have been made e.g. we have established a connection with Hetronic Australia (HunterNet Member), a Hunter-based company we collaborated with to create a realistic, tablet-based user interface for a HUSKY Mark 3 protected route clearance vehicle with interrogator arm simulator.
- Increased opportunity for extended VBS development.
- Knowledge of the local and country-wide defence position and updated information.
- Participation in training that has Increased knowledge of best-practice tendering, estimating and pricing fundamentals and capitalising on tender, trade show and networking opportunities.
Our connection with Hunter Defence has helped address the challenges outlined above, and indirectly contributed towards the growth of the company. They have also saved us time by sending us relevant information and updates in a timely manner.
Contact: Mr Ryan Stephenson
Suites 5, 6 & & 138 Magnus Street
Nelson Bay NSW 2315
P: 02 4984 2559