FEATURED COMPANY: NOVA GROUP
Nova Group is a 300 person Professional Services Firm located in all major cities in Australia. Nova is focused on engineering and associated services, project and risk management, systems assurance, operational and systems safety. Aerospace and specialist design, test, certification, products and modifications. Custom systems for organisational assurance, productivity, asset management and safety.
Nova was looking to increase its opportunities in supporting the JSF program.
Access to Primes and information to help establish relationships is always a challenge. Ian’s role is critical and quite successful in overcoming this common SME obstacle.
Nova is looking to increase its opportunities in supporting the JSF program. Ian Dick facilitated a dinner meeting with Lockheed Martin Australia CEO (Raydon Gates) and was also instrumental in the development and coordination of the yearly Hunter Defence Conference where LM participated actively with all SMEs.
The Defence Project provided:
- Information on various Defence activities
- Arranged for the initial meetings and invites as well as all the Key Note speaker attendance.
- Included company in various activities
- Provided latest information on Defence and industry news. Ensured that company was promoted in various publications.
- Ensured that Linkage / connection with NSW Trade & Investment including Ken Gillespie and other govt support was provided.
- Provided various opportunities from Defence and other organisations
- Company presented at various activities. Ensured that appropriate presenters provided appropriate information.
- Supported Nova at various government and industry presentations
- Tender workshops support and assistance locating outside training opportunities.
- With support of HunterNet staff providing assistance and information for various activities.
- The Defence Projects role is critical and quite successful in overcoming this common SME obstacle of accessing the Primes.
- Very useful in accessing key Prime contacts such as Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, Boeing, Raytheon, and Thales.
- Much stronger relationship foundation. Nova met up with LM at AUSRAIL in Perth following dinner meeting which made the meeting much more productive in another sector.
- Very insightful knowledge gained on JSF program. This will help us better position Nova for future work.
- We are currently involved in partnering with Lockheed Martin on Air 5428 and these contacts help strengthen this relationship.
Contact: Bret Barton
Level 1, Newcastle Airport
Williamtown NSW 2318
M: 0417 020 034
Note: Bret Barton, General Manager Transport, Nova Systems is HunterNet Defence Forum Chair. Biography