Bret Barton, General Manager Integrated Solutions, Nova Systems
Bret Barton has worked for over 25 years as an engineer and manager where systems engineering principles have been actively applied. Bret is currently a Senior Manager at Nova Systems, which is a private Australian Engineering Professional Services company, with over 350 employees throughout Australia, Singapore and the UK. Nova Systems was born from a group of flight test professionals and has diversified over the last 15 years into all areas of engineering professional services. Bret is focused on bringing Nova’s skills in solving challenging problems and systems engineering experience to the Transport, Energy & Resources and Land Vehicle and Protective Services sectors.
Bret spent 15 years working as an Aeronautical Engineer in the Canadian Air Force. The majority of that period was spent in the “Flight Testing” specialty area working on integrating modern weapons to fast jets such as the F-18 and F-16. He has worked on several weapon development programs, international flight test programs and major acquisition test programs with the Canadian, United States and Australian Air Forces.
Post retirement from the military in 2004, he moved his wife and two children from Canada to Australia to join Nova Systems. Over the past 11 years Bret has helped Nova grow from 20 to 350+ professionals.
Bret’s time at Nova Systems have included the following roles:
- Senior Consultant and Instructor – Consulting roles and instructing including managing the test and evaluation program for Australia’s first cruise missile integration and clearance on a RAAF F-18;
- Newcastle Operations Manager – Middle management role where Bret started the Newcastle, Australia office;
- Australian Operations Manager – Senior management team role responsible for managing the Australian consultant staff and middle managers running local operations;
- General Manager Transport – Senior management team role focused on managing and growing the rail and Australian Civil Aerospace businesses;
- General Manager Integrated Solutions – Senior management team role responsible for developing and managing the Transport, Resources & Energy, and Land Vehicle programs
General Manager Integrated Solutions
Unit 1, Building D, 1 Technology Place
WILLIAMTOWN New South Wales 2318 Australia
M: 61 2 9046 0876