HunterNet and the Hunter Business Chamber are pleased to announce applications are now open for the Kristen Keegan Future Leaders Scholarship 2020.
The Scholarship aims to honour Kristen’s legacy as a leader in the Hunter business community by paying for tuition as part of the Future Leaders Program which commences on Thursday 2nd April 2020.
“For the fourth year, HunterNet is proud to honour the legacy of Kristen Keegan by virtue of the 2020 Kristen Keegan Future Leaders Program scholarship. Kristen was a friend to so many in our region and beyond, and this scholarship aims to develop leadership skills for the next generation to follow in her footsteps as a brave and proud advocate of the region.” – Tony Cade, CEO HunterNet Co-operative.
Applications for the Scholarship are invited from future leaders who meet the following assessment criteria:
- A young person (up to 30 years old) from the Hunter with aspirations to become a star/future leader;
- Someone wanting to make a difference;
- Someone focused on contributing to the region and the community;
- Someone prepared to take risks and challenge the status quo;
- Someone committed to hard work and completing their studies.
Applicants must submit a letter of application explaining the following:
- What would participation in the Future Leaders Program mean to you?
- Demonstrate your aspiration to succeed in your chosen pursuit and how financial and moral support would further your education or personal development.
- Outline your past and future career goals and how these goals may contribute to your leadership skills and benefit and/or advance others in your business environment.
- Outline some past, present and future challenges you have dealt with and the ways in which these have been addressed in developing your leadership skills.
- What does the heritage of our Region mean to you and how can this be respected while creating the necessary change, innovation and progression to take our Region forward?
Applicants are also be required to attend an interview with the assessment panel, comprised of representatives from HunterNet and the Future Leaders Program Committee.
Applications close Sunday 23rd February 2020.
Please direct all applications and enquiries to Jacqui Warren, Future Leaders Program Director at HunterNet:
755 Hunter Street Newcastle West 2302
(02) 4925 4480 or 0423 779 560